#HELPNewham Referral Pathways – Family Box and Infant Milk
What is #HelpNewham?
#HelpNewham is a new service set up by Newham Council to respond to COVID-19. It provides to residents in Category A:
1. Food and essentials
2. Family boxes (with nappies, sanitary towels, condoms, formulae, some basic books/toys),
3. Prescription delivery and
4. Telephone chat/befriending service.
It is intended to support and compliment the work of the faith, VCS sectors and local mutual aid groups who are focusing on all other residents who may need support (Category B). Please only refer those to the council you believe meet the category A definition
Categrory A residents:
NHS Shield list:
• Solid organ transplant recipients
• Some people with cancer who are undergoing treatments such as chemotherapy and radiotherapy
• People on immunosuppression drugs
• Women who are pregnant and have heart disease
• People with severe respiratory conditions - cystic fibrosis, severe asthma and COPD
• Some people with rare diseases such as severe combined immunodeficiency
Older people without support networks:
• Over 70+
• Live alone
• Not in receipt of council services
In Receipt of council services:
• Adult social care (mental health, older people, disabilities)
• Youth services
• Children’s social care (Child in need, Early Help, Child Protection Plans)
• Housing (temporary accommodation and homeless, not those in secure council housing)
• Other people known to the council
To support families with babies and infants in urgent need at this time, Newham Early Help team have begun distribution of Family Boxes to families in need.
Please refer to the document below for information about:
How do families get help if they run out of Infant formula milk?
What is included in a Family Box?
What age range is Family Box aimed at?
Bulk Distribution of Family Box and Infant formula Milk