London Borough of Newham have extended their free training programme for staff and volunteers in the voluntary, community and faith sector. New subjects have been added including:
-Gambling Related Harm
- Adult Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Early Help and Family Support
- Overview of Adults and Health Commissioning - Commissioned Services
See this attachment for the full programme
Some sessions are now full but if interested please still register as you will be added to a waiting list and informed when more sessions are scheduled.
The training sessions are for anyone in the borough who is regularly having conversations with residents who are presenting with a range of social welfare issues. It applies to any of the borough wide workforce who meet residents in a community, food, or clinical setting where there are underlying issues that are affecting their health and where speedy and efficient support and/or signposting will make an immediate difference.
All sessions are being delivered via Zoom and you will need to sign up via the Eventbrite links included on the attachment. Once registered you will receive the zoom link nearer to the time of the planned training.
1. Gambling Related Harm
Learning outcomes are as follows:
• Describe the impact of gambling and how to identify signs of Gambling Related Harm
• Understand how gambling effects people and provide information and advice on Gambling Related Harm
• Know which specialist service to refer clients to
The training if for a maximum of 2 hours and all attendees will receive a certificate of achievement at the end of the session.
1. Monday 22 February, 10:00-12:00
2. Wednesday 10 March, 14:00-16:00
2. Adult Mental Health and Wellbeing
A session to support you to understand when individuals may be struggling with their mental health, the signs to look out for, and how to signpost them to the right place.
1. Tuesday 2 March, 10:00-12:00
2. Monday 8 March, 14:00-16:00
3. Early Help and Family Support
1. Friday 5 March, 14:00-15:30
2. Friday 12 March, 14:00-15:30
4. Overview of Adults and Health Commissioning - Commissioned Services
This session will cover the services that are commissioned by the Adults and Health Team that predominately commission services for Care Act eligible residents and those on the edge of care. The session will only include those that residents / customers / organisations can self-refer to and not those that are provided following an assessment of need (e.g. Care Homes, Day Opportunities, Domiciliary Care, Extra Care, Shared Lives or Supported Living)
1. Monday 22 February, 13:30-14:30
for more details contact: email@example.com