One Newham is delighted to launch the Newham Community Fund which is made possible by the generosity of Westfield Stratford City URW Better Places 2030 programme.
The Newham Community Fund grant scheme
The scheme started in July 2021, with the first grants being awarded in August 2021.
Through to December 2021, twenty small, Newham-based, grassroots organisations will each be awarded a grant of £500. The deadline to apply is Monday 4th October 2021.
Grants are available:
● To purchase an essential piece of equipment that will enable the organisation to deliver more service (towards a van, IT kit, COVID-19 safety equipment etc)
● To develop the organisation’s governance (e.g. develop policies, support formal registration as a charity, strategic plan development etc)
● To grow the organisation’s social media or digital presence with the opportunity to hold an information sharing/fundraising desk in one of Europe’s busiest retail destinations, Westfield Stratford City
Successful applicant organisations will also have the opportunity to have a mentoring session with a Westfield Stratford City employee to provide support and guidance on a specific field related to their application i.e. Marketing, Finance, Legal, Health and Safety etc.
Who an apply for a Newham Community Fund grant?
● Established organisations who have been operating through the period of COVID-19 and intend to continue their services post lock-down/post pandemic.
● Groups based in London Borough of Newham and providing services primarily to London Borough of Newham residents.
● Have registered with the Compost London Survey of Newham.
● Have at least 2 people who are not related, who oversee the group.
● Either have a dedicated bank account for the group, or if not, are able to produce a record of income and expenditure for the group accompanied by receipts.
● Have a turnover of under £60,000 a year, or a projected turnover of less than that amount.
● Can provide two references.
How to apply
We are open for applications now so if you'd like to apply use this
and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 4th October. Please mark the Subject Heading of the email NCF Application.
If you know an organisation that would like to apply then please ask them to send an email requesting an application form to email@example.com or forward this application form on to them.